Discomfort is the price of your success, my friends. Yes, I’m giving you the punchline upfront because knowing the price of success is not enough.
You must know how to pay the price of discomfort.
This is no easy task. It sounds way easier than it is. Your survival brain doesn’t want you to feel uncomfortable so it’s going to fight you all the way along. That’s how it’s wired.
But the high-achiever that you are doesn’t have to let your survival brain drive the bus.
In this episode, I’m going to arm you with the knowledge of the kinds of discomfort that serve your success vs. the discomfort that spins you away from success… ‘cos not all discomfort is created equal.
AND, I’m going to share the daily ritual that I use to notice where the discomfort shows up so you can make the best investment of your time and energy and move towards success faster!
what you will discover in this episode
- Your ability to allow discomfort is directly correlated to your success.
- Discomfort is a general name of a much larger bucket of emotions.
- Not all discomfort is created equal.
- There is discomfort that serves success and discomfort that spins you away from success.
- 4 quick questions to answer every day that help you choose your discomfort
- Self-care is not a cuddle. Self-care is doing things that make you uncomfortable.
featured in the show
FREE STRATEGY SESSION
If you want to build a career plan or you want to get some clarity on your next career move, sign up for a FREE 45 min Strategy session to discuss. You can sign up here.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!