Some people think they don’t need a career plan. They just need to do a good job. And that would be fine if your job and career were the same thing. But they are not.
Your job is just one strategy in your career plan. There are at least 5 other strategies you might want to consider if you want to make your career plans a reality.
You may be touching on some of them in the course of your job, but if you get purposeful about how you handle these strategies, it will accelerate your career growth and help you achieve the success you deserve.
And you don’t have to invest more time into work if you don’t want to.
Sound good? It’s more than good. It’s smart.
A lot of people talk about ‘working smart’ when it comes to getting your job done. Having a well-strategized career plan is working smart for your success.
And if you’re ready to make 2021 your year to make your career goals a reality then sign up for my new LIVE Training; CAREER SUCCESS IN 2021.
I’m going to share 3 painless and practical steps to move from stalled out and disconnected from your career to thriving as the unstoppable success you deserve to be.
what you will discover in this episode
- Career Planning is just like planning a dinner party.
- Every job you choose should be a stepping stone to your career goal.
- The relationships you build outside your company are as important as the ones inside.
- Decide what skills and achievements you need on your career plan to differentiate you from everyone else who does what you do.
- Your personal brand is what you want people to know and say about you behind your back
- Find the people who are going to help you fill the gaps between where you are now and where you want to be.
- It’s not just about knowing what to do, it’s about learning to manage your mind-drama so you can stay emotionally and mentally focused to follow through on your career plan.
FREE STRATEGY SESSION
If you want to build a career plan or you want to get some clarity on your next career move, sign up for a FREE 45 min Strategy session to discuss. You can sign up here.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!